Philosophy and Objectives of BCS
It is the purpose of the Bloomfield Community Schools to provide the best education possible for all the students of the community. This purpose recognizes that the environment of the total school-community is all important in determining the quality of the education provided.
The establishment of a quality educational environment includes provision for the following factors: adequate financial resources, attractive and appropriate classroom and teaching facilities, a balanced curriculum, a progressive and dedicated professional staff, parental interest and guidance, and a concern for the welfare and discipline of all students.
The Bloomfield Community Schools will make every effort to serve the community in the best possible manner. This includes a total community concept, i.e. students, parents, faculty, staff, administration, school board, and other patrons.
The management system of the Bloomfield Community Schools will provide for the integration and coordination of all of its resources: human, physical, and financial. The policies of the district shall be flexible, providing alternatives for human needs.
Bloomfield High School shall objectively provide a rich environment for exploratory experiences which meet the needs of each pupil's capabilities, attitudes, and special interests and foster the growth and development of the following characteristics:
1. Respect for self, which comes through a sincere respect for others.
2. Acceptance of responsibility for his self-evaluation, motivation, and discipline.
3. A knowledge of his self-capabilities and limitations for a clearer understanding of himself.
4. An attitude which accepts the importance of intellectual attainments because of their future significance.
5. An appreciation of good study habits.
6. A personal feeling of "belonging" to the school.
7. A sound emotional interaction in peer-group relations for a stable adjustment to the society of which he is a part.
8. A high sense of moral and spiritual values based on our democratic way of life.
In order to implement the philosophy of the school, the following objectives have been established:
1. To provide the best possible education for each student.
2. To provide for the needs of each individual student as directed by the community and society.
3. To employ professional personnel who will relate to the needs of the students and community.
4. To provide an educational program that meets the set standards for graduation and/or vocational training with provisions for electives to meet special needs and interests.